- April 30, 2018
- by Juan Johnson
Below are the main talking points of the May event Committee meeting. This weeks meeting was fairly short due to our cancelled event so it should be a pretty quick read. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Juan Johnson at his contact info listed on the Contact Us Page.
Date: 4/28/18 @ 4:00pm
- Course Setup
- Discussed setting up the course the morning of the event Saturday from 8am-12:30am. We plan to utilize area near the radio tower.
- Need to pick up cones from the storage locker at Gateway Motorsports Park.
- We still do not have access to new trailer or the bus.
- Discuss classing with a few competitors.
- Trophy Truck needs to be switched to Open from Modified Rear wheel drive due to rules explicitly stating that the door much actually function as per Section 3.2-E-#-D-page17 of the RallyX Official Rulebook
- “Doors, hoods, trunk lids, sunroofs, hatchbacks, etc., need not function as
originally designed; however, the driver door and passenger doors (if a
passenger seat is present) must maintain sufficient functionality to allow
- Discussed possibility of “rock crawler truck” entering. The truck does not fit any current classes due to it’d V8 motor and as a result, does not qualify for any of our current classes which makes it a safety concern.
- Dan Kuhn has been notified that his car has been changed from stock to modified front wheel drive due to the cowl on his hood as per Sec. 3.2-C-4-a-page 11 of the RallyX Official Rulebook
- “Examples of non-allowed modifications that
provide a performance advantage include larger radiators to
reduce engine temperatures, oil catch cans to reduce oil in the
intake system, vents/scoops to improve cooling or intake airflow,
additional ducting to improve engine or brake cooling.”
- For night event we need:
- Reflective vests and Glow sticks- Need to ask Steve if we have these already
- Lighting for paddock and registration areas
- Need to announce Committee meetings for the remainder of the season and add them to our website
- These meetings will be added to Facebook and as soon as the Web committee comes to a decision about a universal calendar, we will put the calendar on all SCCA sites.
- Moving meetings to a new location
- We will need to discuss at a later date where more members are present.
- Scheduling Work Day
- May 6th at 7:30am at the same location as our events. See http://rallyx.stlscca.org/schedule/ for exact location.
- During night portion will not have course workers on course. Will need to discuss this in drivers meeting.
- Helmet tracking sheet has been made for events to track borrowing helmets.
- Discussed the fact that Decisions about club equipment outside of SCCA events need to be approved by the board.
- If equipment is loaned out the SCCA’s name must not be used by that event.